A brief introduction to Maldives Border Miles
The Maldives Border Miles is a tourism loyalty program initiated by Maldives Immigration, together with joint stakeholders; Ministry of Tourism, Maldives Marketing and Public Relations Corporation (MMPRC) and Maldives Airports Company Limited (MACL). The program will be launched in December 2020.
This program is a 3-tiered loyalty program - the first of its kind - for tourists. Tourists who enroll in this program will earn points based on the number of visits and duration of stay. Additional points will be awarded for visits to celebrate special occasions.
- Aida (bronze tier)
- Anantara (silver tier)
- Abaarana (gold tier)
Each tier will be defined by a set variety of rewards, services or benefits, which increase in value as members progress.
How you will earn points:
- 50 points for each border crossing
- 30 points for visits to celebrate honeymoons
- 30 points for visits to celebrate wedding anniversaries
- 30 points for visits to celebrate birthdays
- 10 points for visits during local occasions
- 20 points for seasonal visits
- 5 points for each night spent in Maldives
- 5 points for pre-defined services obtained from partners
How you can upgrade the tier:
- Earn 500 points to reach Aida
- Earn 2000 points to reach Antara
- Earn 4000 points to reach Abaarana
If you are traveling to Maldives as a tourist, you can enroll as a member of Maldives Border Miles. Points will be rewarded if you stay in a registered tourist facility and if you stay at least 3 nights in Maldives. For the most recent updates of the program, visit imuga.immigration.gov.mv/mbm
With the introduction of the Maldives Border Miles program, it is expected that tourism will boost considerably as it is an added advantage in promoting Maldives. Furthermore, it is also a golden opportunity for returning visitors to rediscover the best of Maldives and get the most out of their visit to the sunny side of life.