Maldives nominated in Indian Ocean’s prestigious categories at the 28th annual World Travel Awards ™
The World Travel AwardsTM have nominated Maldives in 10 exciting ‘Indian Ocean’ categories at the 28th annual World Travel AwardsTM - the most prestigious honors programme in the global travel trade and tourism industry.
The World Travel AwardsTM was established in 1993 to recognize, reward and celebrate distinguished destinations across all key sectors and segments of the travel trade, tourism, and hospitality industries. The World Travel AwardsTM brand is recognized globally as the benchmark of industry excellence.
Maldives is nominated for the following Indian ocean categories this year.
- Indian Ocean’s Leading Beach Destination 2021
- Indian Ocean’s Leading Cruise Destination 2021
- Indian Ocean’s Leading Dive Destination 2021
- Indian Ocean’s Leading Destination 2021
- Indian Ocean’s Leading Green Destination 2021
- Indian Ocean’s Leading Honeymoon Destination 2021
- Indian Ocean’s Leading Sustainable Tourism Destination 2021
- Indian Ocean’s Leading Tourist Board 2021: Maldives Marketing & Public Relations Corporation
- Indian Ocean’s Leading Wedding Destination 2021
- Indian Ocean’s Leading Adventure Tourism Destination 2021
In addition, Maldives is also nominated at the World Cruise Awards, the sister event of World Travel Awards that serves to recognise, reward and celebrate excellence in the global cruise sector through our annual awards programme.
● Indian Ocean's Best Cruise Destination 2021
Voting for the Indian Ocean categories is now open and runs until midnight on 01st September 2021 and the voting for World Cruise Awards ends midnight on 31st August 2021. This is a fantastic opportunity for fans to give us the reassurance that Maldives is indeed, one of the most loved and preferred destinations in the world. The nominee gaining the most votes in a category will be the winner.
Voting link for Indian ocean categories at: https://www.worldtravelawards.com/vote
Voting link for Best Cruise Destination at: https://worldcruiseawards.com/award/indian-ocean-best-cruise-destination/2021
As Maldives have welcomed over half a million travelers and is on its way to achieve pre-pandemic arrival figures and revive the Maldivian tourism industry, the nominations at the 28th World Travel Awards will aid in strengthening the image and increase the brand presence globally.